- Total revenues grew 7.3% to $211.6 million in the first quarter of 2012 compared to $197.2 million in the first quarter of 2011. Revenues for Fiesta grew 9.1% to $126.1 million from $115.6 million in the year-ago period.
- Comparable restaurant sales increased 5.9% at Burger King®, 9.4% at Pollo Tropical, and 6.1% at Taco Cabana;
- Net loss for the first quarter of 2012 was $3.5 million, or $0.16 per diluted share, compared to net income of $2.2 million, or $0.10 per diluted share in the first quarter of 2011; and
- Earnings in the first quarter of 2012 included certain charges totaling $9.8 million, or $0.32 per diluted share after tax, consisting of impairment and other lease charges, stock-based compensation expense related to stock option conversion charges in connection with the spin-off and accelerated vesting of certain restricted stock, and spin-off and acquisition related expenses. Earnings in the first quarter of 2011 included impairment and other lease charges of $1.1 million, or $0.03 per diluted share after tax, and spin-off related expenses of $0.3 million, or $0.01 per diluted share after tax.
Carrols Restaurant Group, Inc. Reports Financial Results For The First Quarter Of 2012 And Announces Completion Of The Spin-off Of Fiesta Restaurant Group, Inc.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.