- Total revenues grew 7.3% to $211.6 million in the first quarter of 2012 compared to $197.2 million in the first quarter of 2011. Revenues for Fiesta grew 9.1% to $126.1 million from $115.6 million in the year-ago period.
- Comparable restaurant sales increased 5.9% at Burger King®, 9.4% at Pollo Tropical, and 6.1% at Taco Cabana;
- Net loss for the first quarter of 2012 was $3.5 million, or $0.16 per diluted share, compared to net income of $2.2 million, or $0.10 per diluted share in the first quarter of 2011; and
- Earnings in the first quarter of 2012 included certain charges totaling $9.8 million, or $0.32 per diluted share after tax, consisting of impairment and other lease charges, stock-based compensation expense related to stock option conversion charges in connection with the spin-off and accelerated vesting of certain restricted stock, and spin-off and acquisition related expenses. Earnings in the first quarter of 2011 included impairment and other lease charges of $1.1 million, or $0.03 per diluted share after tax, and spin-off related expenses of $0.3 million, or $0.01 per diluted share after tax.
Carrols Restaurant Group, Inc. Reports Financial Results For The First Quarter Of 2012 And Announces Completion Of The Spin-off Of Fiesta Restaurant Group, Inc.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.