Technology media company TechTarget, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTGT) today announced financial results for the three months ended March 31, 2012.
“Despite new weakness in the IT market, we are continuing to make excellent progress on our two major strategic initiatives; our Activity Intelligence™ product platform and our direct international expansion,” said Greg Strakosch, CEO of TechTarget. “We are confident that these investments will pay off even more when the IT market improves.”
Total Q1 2012 revenues increased 5% to $23.7 million compared to Q1 2011. Q1 2012 online revenue increased by 8% to $22.1 million compared to Q1 2011. Online revenues represented 93% of total Q1 2012 revenues. Q1 2012 events revenue decreased by 25% to $1.6 million compared to Q1 2011 and represented 7% of total Q1 2012 revenues.
Adjusted EBITDA (earnings before interest, other income and expense, income taxes, depreciation, and amortization, as further adjusted to eliminate stock-based compensation) for Q1 2012 decreased 5% to $3.5 million compared to $3.7 million for Q1 2011.Total gross profit margin for Q1 2012 was 71%, compared to 71% for Q1 2011. Online gross profit margin increased to 73% for Q1 2012, compared to 72% for Q1 2011. Events gross profit margin decreased to 53% for Q1 2012, as compared to 60% for Q1 2011. Net income was $0.4 million for Q1 2012 compared to a net loss of $0.1 million in Q1 2011. Adjusted net income (net income adjusted to eliminate amortization, stock-based compensation expense and the related income tax impact of these charges) for both Q1 2012 and Q1 2011 was $1.7 million. Net income per basic share for Q1 2012 was $0.01 compared to net loss per basic share of $0.00 for Q1 2011. Adjusted net income per share (adjusted net income divided by adjusted weighted average diluted shares outstanding) for Q1 2012 and Q1 2011 was $0.04.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV