Global Cash Access Holdings, Inc. (the "Company") (NYSE:GCA) announced today financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012.
Fiscal First Quarter 2012 Highlights
- Operating income increased 69% quarter-over-quarter to $15.7 million
- EBITDA increased 51% quarter-over-quarter to $19.8 million
- Net income per share – diluted increased 267% quarter-over-quarter to $0.11
- Cash EPS increased 133% quarter-over-quarter to $0.21
“We are very pleased to announce today the strong start to the year with positive quarter-over-quarter results in our base business. With the stabilization of our base business and the portfolio of contracts we acquired through the MCA acquisition, GCA is well positioned for 2012,” said Scott Betts, President and CEO of Global Cash Access.
Fiscal First Quarter 2012 ResultsRevenues were $151.1 million for the first quarter 2012, as compared to revenues of $134.4 million for the prior year’s first quarter. First quarter 2012 revenues were impacted by the Company’s purchase of substantially all of the assets of MCA Processing LLC (“MCA”) in November 2011. Operating income was $15.7 million, an increase of 69%, as compared to $9.3 million for the prior year's first quarter. Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization ("EBITDA") (see Non-GAAP Financial Information below) were $19.8 million, an increase of 51%, as compared to $13.1 million in the prior year's first quarter. The increase in EBITDA was primarily a result of both the October 1, 2011 enactment of the Durbin Amendment and its impact on the interchange rates paid by the Company on its debit card transactions, as well as the MCA asset purchase. Adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization ("Adjusted EBITDA") (see Non-GAAP Financial Information below) were $20.6 million, an increase of 46%, as compared to $14.1 million in the prior year's first quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV