United Insurance Holdings Corp. (OTCBB: UIHC) (the Company), a property and casualty insurance holding company, today announced that, at its Annual Meeting of Stockholders held this afternoon, stockholders elected incumbent directors Gregory C. Branch and Kent G. Whittemore to serve as Class A directors for a one-year term ending at the 2013 Annual Meeting of Stockholders, and stockholders elected incumbent directors Alec L. Poitevint, II; Kern M. Davis; and William H. Hood, III to serve as Class B directors for a two-year term ending at the 2014 Annual Meeting of Stockholders. All of the Company’s directors will serve until their successors are duly elected and qualified. Stockholders also ratified the selection of McGladrey & Pullen, LLP as the Company's independent registered public accounting firm for 2012.
About United Insurance Holdings Corp.
Founded in 1999, United Property & Casualty Insurance Company, a
subsidiary of United Insurance Holdings Corp., writes and services
homeowners insurance in Florida, South Carolina, Massachusetts, and
Rhode Island. From its headquarters in St. Petersburg, United's team of
dedicated employees manages a completely integrated insurance company,
including sales, underwriting, customer service and claims. The Company
distributes its homeowners, dwelling fire and flood products through
many agency groups and conducts business through four wholly-owned
subsidiaries. Homeowners insurance constitutes the majority of United's
premiums and policies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV