The company reported first-quarter earnings on Monday of $1.35 million, or 8 cents a share, a reversal from a year-earlier loss of $3.19 million, or 19 cents a share.Shares of Churchill Downs hit a 52-week high on Tuesday of $61.90. The stock's 52-week low of $36.67 was set on Sept. 30. Churchill Downs' shares forward P/E is 18.3X; the average for gambling companies is 13.7X. For comparison, Bally Technologies (BYI) has a lower forward P/E of 15X. Analyst comment: "CHDN remains very compelling, in our view," Brean Murray said in a mid-March report. "CHDN trades at a 2012 EV/EBITDA
Post Properties The real estate investment trust reported first-quarter earnings Monday of $20.9 million, or 39 cents a share, a reversal from a year-earlier loss of $0.4 million, or a penny a share. Shares of Post Properties hit a 52-week high Tuesday of $49.89. The stock's 52-week low of $32.18 was set on Oct. 4. Post Properties' shares trade at a forward P/E of 44.8X; the average for residential REITs is 48.1X. For comparison, AvalonBay (AVB) shares trade at a higher forward P/E of 45.3X. Ten of the 19 analysts who cover Post rate it at buy. Eight analysts give the stock a hold rating and one rates it at sell. The stock has risen 13.2% year to date. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV