Star Scientific (CIGX) is a technology-oriented company with a focus to reduce the harm associated with the use of tobacco. This stock is trading up 5.3% to $3.52 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $3.26-$3.5852-Week Range: $1.50-$5.35 Volume: 786,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 1.7 million Shares of CIGX are moving higher today after the company confirms that Roskamp Institute reported beneficial effects of nutritional supplementation with anatabine in an animal model of multiple sclerosis. From a technical perspective, CIGX is ripping back above its 50-day moving average of $3.42 here on light volume. This move is quickly pushing CIGX within range of a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once CIGX takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $3.71 to $3.75 with high-volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if CIGX can sustain a move or close above those levels on volume that's near or above 1,665,350 shares. If we get that action soon, look for CIGX to make a run at $4 to $4.25 or possibly $4.50 in the near-term. To see more stocks under-$10 that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under-$10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV