Vermillion (VRML) is engaged in the discovery, development and commercialization of diagnostic tests that help physicians diagnose, treat and improve outcomes for patients. This stock is trading up 10% to $2.06 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.84-$2.2152-Week Range: $0.97-$7.60 Volume: 590,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 677,726 Shares of VRML are skyrocketing today after Bloomberg reported that the company has received a patent for its platelet biomarkers for cancer. From a technical perspective, VRML is bouncing hard off its 50-day moving average of $1.87 today, and it's moving above its 200-day moving average of $1.99 on decent volume. This move is quickly pushing the stock within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once VRML takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $2.37 to $2.46 with high-volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if VRML can sustain a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 677,726 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, look for VRML to make a run at its March high of $3.02 or possibly even $3.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV