PHILADELPHIA, May 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Aberdeen Asia-Pacific Income Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: FAX) (the "Fund"), a $2.6 billion closed-end fixed income fund, on April 11, 2012, announced that it has renewed its $600 million credit facility with a syndicate of major financial institutions led by Scotiabank Global Banking and Markets, the wholesale banking arm of the Scotiabank Group. The renewal marks the continuation of the Fund's leverage capabilities.
"We are very pleased to have successfully collaborated once again with Scotiabank and the other major financial institutions to renew the facility," said Christian Pittard, President of the Fund.
John Morale, Managing Director and Global Industry Head of Financial Services for Scotiabank's Global Banking and Markets division added: "This continues to be a landmark transaction. The US$600 million financing remains one of the largest syndicated financings for a 1940 Act regulated closed-end mutual fund ever completed and reaffirms Scotiabank's preeminent position as one of the leaders in the Financial Services industry."
Leader in Emerging Market Closed-End Funds Aberdeen directly manages eleven U.S. exchange-listed closed-end funds and one Canadian investment company:
- Aberdeen Asia-Pacific Income Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: FAX)
- Aberdeen Asia-Pacific Income Investment Company Limited (TSX: FAP)
- Aberdeen Australia Equity Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: IAF)
- Aberdeen Chile Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: CH )*
- Aberdeen Emerging Markets Telecommunications and Infrastructure Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: ETF )
- Aberdeen Global Income Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: FCO)*
- Aberdeen Indonesia Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: IF )
- Aberdeen Israel Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: ISL )
- Aberdeen Latin America Equity Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: LAQ)
- The Asia Tigers Fund, Inc. (NYSE: GRR)
- The India Fund, Inc. (NYSE: IFN)
- The Singapore Fund, Inc. (NYSE: SGF)
- First Trust /Aberdeen Global Opportunity Income Fund, Inc. (NYSE: FAM)
- First Trust /Aberdeen Emerging Opportunity Fund, Inc. (NYSE: FEO)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts