Dow Today: McDonald's Corporation (MCD) Lower
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading down 172.0 points (-1.3%) at 12,836 as of Tuesday, May 8, 2012, 12:35 p.m. ET. During this time, 346.1 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 731.5 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 659 issues advancing vs. 2,262 declining with 117 unchanged. Holding back the Dow today is McDonald's Corporation (NYSE:MCD), which is lagging the broader Dow index with a $1.94 decline (-2%) bringing the stock to $93.57. This single loss is lowering the Dow Jones Industrial Average by 14.68 points or roughly accounting for 8.5% of the Dow's overall loss. Volume for McDonald's Corporation currently sits at 6.2 million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 5.7 million shares. McDonald's Corporation has a market cap of $97.42 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are down 4.4% year to date as of Monday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 2.9%. McDonald's Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, franchises and operates McDonald's restaurants primarily in the United States, Europe, the Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.9, equal to the average leisure industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates McDonald's Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full McDonald's Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV