"We are lowering our rating to HOLD and reducing our price target from $11 to $9," Craig-Hallum analysts wrote in a May 3 report. "Our new price target is based on approximately 14x our revised FY13 pro forma EPS estimate of $0.63."Shares of Atmel hit a 52-week low on Tuesday of $7.12. The stock's 52-week high of $15.40 was set on May 10. Atmel's forward P/E is 9.85; the average for semiconductor companies is 20.46. For comparison, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) has a lower forward P/E of 7.86. Eleven of the 16 analysts who cover Atmel rated it buy. Four analysts gave the stock a hold rating and one rated it sell. The stock has fell 11.36% year to date.
STMicroelectronics "We lower 2013 EPS by 33% to reflect softer than expected Q1 results and an underwhelming strategic review of ST-Ericsson," Deutsche Bank analysts wrote in an April 27 report. "Despite solid STM core/exwireless momentum through 2012, we view break-even prospects for the wireless JV as low. Adding further cash burn & likely increasing funding requirements for ST-Ericsson, we maintain Hold." Shares of STMicroelectronics hit a 52-week low of $5.20 on Tuesday. The stock's 52-week high of $11.87 was set on May 10. STMicroelectronics' forward P/E on 10.1; the average for semiconductor companies is 11.87. Four of the eight analysts who cover STMicroelectronics rated it buy. Three analysts gave the stock a hold rating and one rated it sell. The stock has fallen 11.3% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV