"On its quarterly earnings call, Electronic Arts provided lower Star Wars subscription data and provided fiscal 2013 and first‐quarter guidance below expectations," William Blair analysts wrote in a report Tuesday. "For the fourth quarter, Electronic Arts reported positive results with revenue and EPS beating the Street expectations. Revenue of $977 million (down 2% year‐over‐year) was ahead of the Street consensus of $959 million and our estimate of $951 million. Non‐GAAP EPS of $0.17 (down 32% year‐over-year) were ahead of the consensus estimate of $0.16 and our estimate of $0.14."Shares of Electronic Arts hit a 52-week low on Tuesday of $13.83. The stock's 52-week high of $26.13 was set on Nov. 14. Electronic Arts' forward P/E is 10.5; the average for toy companies is 14.66. For comparison, Hasbro (HAS) has a higher forward P/E of 11.5. Analysts were split on Electronic Arts with 12 of them rating the stock a buy and another 12 giving the stock a hold rating. Two analysts rated Electronic Arts a sell. The stock has fallen 29.37% year to date.
Riverbed Technology "Over the course of 2Q, Riverbed is likely to tread water as the debate rages on the growth rate of the core market and the degree of market saturation," Miller Tabak analysts wrote in an April 19 report. "We strongly believe this market has substantial growth in front of it." Shares of Riverbed Technology hit a 52-week low of $17.84 on Tuesday. The stock's 52-week high of $41.83 was set on July 7. Riverbed Technology's forward P/E is 15.19; the average for telecommunications equipment companies is 28.93. For comparison, Harris (HRS) has a lower forward P/E of 7.96. Twenty-one of the 37 analysts who cover Riverbed Technology rated it hold. Fourteen analysts gave the stock a buy rating and two rated it sell. The stock has fallen 23.7% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV