DALLAS, May 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Television Company Belo Corp. (NYSE: BLC) held its Annual Meeting of Shareholders this morning where four Class II directors were re-elected: Henry P. Becton, Jr., director since May 1997, Lloyd D. Ward, director since July 2001, James M. Moroney III, director since February 2008, and Peter A. Altabef, director since July 2011. These Class II directors will be eligible to serve a three-year term until the 2015 annual meeting, except for Mr. Becton who at the age of 70 will retire at or before the 2014 annual meeting in accordance with the Company's bylaw retirement provision.
Shareholders ratified the appointment of Ernst & Young LLP as Belo's independent registered public accounting firm. In addition, the Company's amended and restated certificate of incorporation was duly approved by shareholders.
About Belo Corp.
Television company Belo Corp. (NYSE: BLC) owns and operates 20 television stations (nine in the top 25 markets) and their associated websites. Belo stations, which include affiliations with ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and the CW, reach more than 14 percent of U.S. television households in 15 highly-attractive markets. Belo stations rank first or second in nearly all of their local markets. Additional information is available at www.belo.com or by contacting Paul Fry, vice president/Investor Relations & Treasury Operations, at 214-977-4465.SOURCE Belo Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV