CANTON, Ohio, May 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Timken Company (NYSE: TKR) today held its 108th annual meeting of shareholders in Canton, Ohio, where shareholders re‑elected the following four members to its board of directors, each serving a one‑year term:
- Joseph W. Ralston, vice chairman of The Cohen Group;
- John P. Reilly, retired chairman, president and chief executive officer of Figgie International;
- John M. Timken, Jr., private investor and entrepreneur; and
- Jacqueline F. Woods, retired president of Ameritech Ohio.
In other business conducted at the meeting, shareholders voted to ratify the selection of Ernst & Young LLP as the independent auditor for the year ending December 31, 2012, and approved, on an advisory basis, a resolution regarding named executive officer compensation.
"The Timken Company stands strong, underscoring our success in focusing the organization and our portfolio on the markets and applications where we can generate significant value," said Ward J. "Tim" Timken, Jr., chairman of the board. "Our strategy is working extremely well and drove record performance in 2011. That momentum carried into 2012 with a record first quarter and an expectation that we will continue to perform well tomorrow and beyond."Salvatore J. Miraglia, Jr., president of Steel, also spoke at the annual meeting about the company's planned investments in its Faircrest Steel Plant. "We recently launched a number of significant projects in the Steel business, including a large-bloom vertical continuous caster, an in-line forge press, a new ladle refiner, an ultrasonic test inspection line and a new soaking pit," Miraglia said. "The $250 million being invested is expected to increase productivity, expand our product offering and further our high quality standards, which remain a hallmark of the Timken brand." About The Timken Company The Timken Company (NYSE: TKR; www.timken.com) keeps the world turning with innovative friction management and mechanical power transmission products and services that help machinery perform more efficiently and reliably. With sales of $5.2 billion in 2011 and approximately 21,000 people operating from locations in 30 countries, Timken is Where You Turn® for better performance. Contacts - Media: Dan Minnich, Ofc: 330.471.7760, firstname.lastname@example.org; Investors: Steve Tschiegg, Ofc: 330.471.7446, email@example.com, The Timken Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV