The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading down 166.0 points (-1.3%) at 12,842 as of Tuesday, May 8, 2012, 10:35 a.m. ET. During this time, 164.1 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 731.5 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 552 issues advancing vs. 2,271 declining with 121 unchanged. Wednesday, May 9, 2012 is the ex-dividend date for Dow component Boeing (NYSE:BA). Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 44 cents per share. At a price of $74.76 as of 10:35 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 2.3% compared to the average Dow component yield of 2.8%. industrial goods sector and aerospace/defense industry. Shares are up 3.4% year to date as of Monday's close. The Boeing Company, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, development, manufacture, sale, and support of commercial jetliners, military aircraft, satellites, missile defense, human space flight, and launch systems and services worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.1, equal to the average aerospace/defense industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your dividend trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
- You can view the full Boeing Ratings Report.
Latest Headlines about ^DJI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV