Net earnings from continuing operations for the year-to-date period ended of March 31, 2012 were 8.7 million compared to a net loss of 681,000 in the prior year. The increased in earnings was result of sales growth and expansion in gross margin partially offset by increases in compensation and advertising expenses as we continue to fuel our future growth.
Earnings per share from continued operation for the year-to-date period end of March 31, 2012 was $0.10 per share and 84.3 million diluted shares outstanding compared to net loss per share of $0.01 on 84.5 million diluted shares outstanding in the prior year. Net loss from discontinued operations for the prior year-to-date period ended April 2nd, 2011was 5.8 million or $0.07 per share and 84.5 million shares outstanding.
Our total cash and investments at March 31, 2012 were 257 million first 248 million at April 2, 2011.
Even during as of March 31, 2012 were 34.2 million compared to 34.1 million last year. At the end of third quarter finished goods per square foot was 2% lower than the prior year. Capital expenditures for the fiscal year day period were approximately 17.5 million and depreciation expense was approximately 15.1 million of which approximately 6 million was spent on remodeling and refreshing the store.For the quarter we opened 2 bebe stores into a 2b store and close 8 bebe stores the end of the quarter with approximately 1 million square feet. And now I will turn the call over Emilia.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV