Cognizant Technology: S&P Intraday Gainer
The S&P 500 was down nearly 13 points, or 0.93%, to 1357 in recent trades.
Shares of Cognizant Technology Solutions were up 5.8% to $59.55 after Robert Baird upgraded the stock to outperform.
On Monday, Cognizant reported first-quarter earnings that met analysts' expectations but lowered its full-year outlook. The Teaneck, N.J.-based consultant now sees earnings of $3.36 a share on revenue of $7.34 billion in fiscal 2012, down from a prior projection for a profit of $3.43 a share on revenue of $7.53 billion.Cognizant's stock trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 14.31 times; the average for computer services companies is 44.28X. For comparison, Teradata (TDC) has a higher forward P/E of 22.94X. Twenty-five of the 29 analysts who cover Cognizant rate it at buy. Three analysts give the stock a hold rating and one rates it at sell. The stock has fallen 7.17% year to date. --Written by Alexandra Zendrian in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV