ETRACS MLP ETN Continues To Be The Top Performing Exchange Traded Product Tracking The Alerian MLP Infrastructure Index
UBS Investment Bank today announced that the ETRACS Alerian MLP Infrastructure ETN (Ticker: MLPI ) is the top performing exchange-traded product linked to the Alerian MLP Infrastructure Index (Ticker: AMZI) for 2012 year to date.
Both MLPI and the Alerian MLP ETF (Ticker: AMLP) are designed to deliver the performance of the Alerian MLP Infrastructure Index (the “Index”), minus fees. The table below summarizes their performance year-to-date and since the first day that both products could be purchased on an exchange:
|Total Return||Total Return Since|
Source: Bloomberg, 04/30/2012
*August 25, 2010 was the first day that both products could be purchased on an exchange.MLPI first day of trading: 04/01/2010 AMLP first day of trading: 8/25/2010 About the Index The Index is a liquid, midstream-focused subset of the Alerian MLP Index comprised of 25 energy infrastructure MLPs. The Index, whose constituents generally earn the majority of their cash flow from the transportation and storage of energy commodities, provides investors with a benchmark for the infrastructure component of this emerging asset class. The Index is calculated using a capped, float-adjusted, capitalization-weighted methodology that results in greater diversification versus a pure market capitalization-weighted index. MLPI offers:
- Exposure to a portfolio of 25 energy infrastructure MLPs through a single, exchange-traded security
- Income via quarterly coupons linked to cash distributions, if any, paid by the MLPs in the Index, less fees 1
- No K-1s: the coupons associated with the ETN are reported as ordinary income on Form 1099, and therefore the administrative burden associated with K-1 forms is eliminated 2.
- Access to asset classes with historically low correlations to more traditional asset classes
- Convenience of an exchange-traded security
- Transparent exposure to a published index
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts