Dow Today: Travelers Companies (TRV) Leads The Day Higher, Bank Of America Corporation (BAC) Lags
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading down 72.0 points (-0.6%) at 12,936 as of Tuesday, May 8, 2012, 9:35 a.m. ET. During this time, 29.5 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 731.5 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 531 issues advancing vs. 2,163 declining with 135 unchanged. The Dow component leading the way higher looks to be Travelers Companies (NYSE:TRV), which is sporting an 11-cent gain (+0.2%) bringing the stock to $64.70. Volume for Travelers Companies currently sits at 66,993 shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 3.1 million shares. Travelers Companies has a market cap of $25.09 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. Shares are up 9.2% year to date as of Monday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 2.9%. The Travelers Companies, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides various commercial and personal property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses, government units, associations, and individuals primarily in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.8, below the average insurance industry P/E ratio of 18.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Travelers Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Travelers Companies Ratings Report.
- You can view the full Bank of America Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV