Datalink (Nasdaq: DTLK), a leading provider of data center infrastructure and services, today announced a new managed monitoring service enabling data centers to outsource time-consuming system monitoring, alerting, problem identification, and performance analysis activities to Datalink’s dedicated managed services staff. The service is designed to help Datalink’s enterprise and midmarket customers maximize IT service levels for end users, free up internal IT teams to focus on more productive work, and simplify data center operations by sourcing infrastructure, technical support and monitoring from the same provider.
The new service continuously tracks the health and performance of data center systems and applications, including unified and virtual infrastructures such as Vblock™ and Flexpod™ environments; applications hosted within either a private cloud or a third-party IaaS, SaaS or PaaS cloud environment; and servers, storage/data protection, networks and database systems. Datalink specialists monitor all systems as well as setting filters and thresholds using industry best practices, eliminating the need for customers to allocate internal IT resources to research, deploy, and carry out day-to-day monitoring management and reporting functions.
Additional features that help optimize data center performance include:
- Synthetic transaction capabilities that simulate the end user experience, helping to ensure the satisfaction of employees, website visitors and other end users.
- Executive dashboards that provide real-time data and historical analysis of SLAs and capacity on both infrastructure and application levels.
- Quick identification of root causes for fast incident resolution as well as improved overall performance of IT services critical to the business.
- 24x7 real-time notification of infrastructure health and performance issues, including automatic escalation of high-level severity events.
"Even the largest companies with the biggest IT staffs have limited bandwidth for monitoring their infrastructure and sifting through mountains of data to uncover performance and capacity problems," said Mike Parsons, vice president of support services, at Datalink. "Our managed monitoring service dramatically improves monitoring quality, quickly zeroes in on issues and root causes, and helps IT organizations keep data center systems and applications running smoothly without investing time and money on in-house monitoring tools and responsibilities."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV