NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Let's face it; these are not the best of times for companies that produce natural gas as well as oil. When natural gas prices dropped below $2 per thousand cubic feet (MCF), investors almost panicked.
We've heard stories that the industry is producing more natural gas then there are facilities in which to store it. Some claim that the disparity between demand and production is on the level of 3 billion cubic feet per day. Can demand suddenly take up that kind of slack?
Then there are the issues about the nation's second-largest producer of natural gas, Chesapeake Energy (CHK). They've been making mostly negative headline financial news almost daily, and this has done further damage to the natural gas story.
It's Often Darkest Right before the Dawn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV