Textainer’s financial results benefitted from a 20.1% increase in the size of the owned container fleet in the first quarter 2012, compared to the year ago quarter, from an average of 1,201,000 TEU to 1,442,000 TEU, partially offset by incremental increases in depreciation expense and interest expense due to the increase in the size of the owned container fleet and associated debt to fund this expansion.
On April 18, 2012, one of our subsidiaries issued $400 million in aggregate principal amount of container backed notes (the "Notes"). The Notes are fully amortizing notes payable on a straight-line basis over a scheduled payment term of ten years, with a maximum payment term of fifteen years. The Notes have a fixed interest rate, payable monthly, of 4.21% per annum, resulting in an effective semi-annual yield on the Notes of 4.25% per annum.
On May 1, 2012, the company completed a $1.2 billion securitization facility and amounts outstanding under our existing $850 million securitization facility were repaid and this facility was terminated. The interest rate on the new $1.2 billion securitization facility is 2.625% over LIBOR during the initial two-year revolving period, if not refinanced or renewed following this two-year period the facility is structured to partially amortize over the next five years and then mature.
With a debt-to-equity ratio of 2.2:1 and the additional liquidity created by our recent financings, the Company is in a strong position to continue purchasing both new and used containers to meet the needs of shipping companies that have shown an increasing preference to lease containers.“I am pleased with our recent financings which not only lower our overall cost of funds but also provide significant capacity for organic growth as we continue purchasing both new and used containers to meet market demand and further strengthen our industry leading position,” concluded Mr. Brewer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV