The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Strategic Mindset: Market neutral with possibilities of surges in volatility.
Target: Rio Tinto (RIO) trading at $53.99.
Commit Criteria: RIO implied volatility is overpriced relative to its forecast volatility of 4.58% over the time frame of this trade. We are looking for possible price movement but for it to stay within its $50 to $57.50 price range until the exit of this trade. This is a slightly more aggressive in the Top Gun Options Advanced Model Portfolio due to the strikes we needed to use.Tactic: Opening 20 RIO May 2012 Iron Condors (strikes [47.5/50/57.5/60]) for a $0.58 credit Tactical Employment of Iron Condor:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV