- Net loss was $9.7 million or $0.43 per share. This compares to a net loss of $0.3 million or $0.01 per share in last year’s second quarter. Excluding the impact of impairment charges and loss on extinguishment of debt, the net loss for the second quarter of fiscal 2012 was $6.7 million or $0.30 per share compared to earnings per share of $0.01 in the prior year (see reconciliation below).
- Adjusted EBITDA was $38.9 million, compared to $50.5 million a year ago.
- Comparable store merchandise revenue increased 4.8%.
- Merchandise gross margin was 33.4%, compared to 34.3% a year ago.
- Fuel gross profit was $43.3 million, compared to $61.8 million a year ago.
- Comparable store gallons improved 1.1%.
- Retail fuel margin per gallon declined to $0.096 from $0.137 a year ago.
- Long-term debt was reduced by $48.5 million of principal in the second quarter of fiscal 2012 and $94.0 million of principal, or down 12% in the first six months of fiscal 2012.
The Pantry Announces Second Quarter Fiscal 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.