Aviva plc announces that Andrew Moss, Chief Executive Officer, will be leaving the group and will cease to be Chief Executive with immediate effect.
The Board has asked Chairman Designate John McFarlane to become interim Executive Deputy Chairman with immediate effect and Executive Chairman from 1st July pending the appointment of a new Chief Executive Officer. The Board has asked him to maintain this executive role whilst internal and external candidates are assessed to find the very best candidate for the CEO role. It is envisaged that this process will take a number of months, at the conclusion of which he will revert to the role of non-executive Chairman.
Lord Sharman, Chairman of Aviva, confirmed that Andrew Moss had approached him with the decision that he felt it was in the best interests of the company that he step aside to make way for new leadership. He has offered to assist in any way he can to ensure a smooth transition.
Lord Sharman said:
|“We should acknowledge the progress that has been achieved under Andrew Moss's leadership.|
|“Through the global financial crisis he led the consolidation of our international presence and the integration of 40 brands into the very powerful single Aviva brand. He reduced the cost base, improved operational performance and more recently began the implementation of the strategic focus, with the sale of RAC, the deconsolidation of Delta Lloyd and a number of overseas disposals.”|
The Board of Aviva appreciates the contribution he has made both in his role as Chief Executive Officer, and prior to that as Group Finance Director, and wishes him well with the next phase of his career. Andrew Moss will leave the Board shortly and a further announcement will be made to confirm the financial terms of his departure and date of leaving.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV