May Mommy Mental Wellness Month: Supermoms Take Time For YOU This Mother's Day
SAN DIEGO, May 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In honor of Mother's Day and Mental Health Awareness Month, it is a great time of year for moms across California to reflect and assess what they need emotionally. The California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) reminds moms to keep their mental wellness top of mind this Mother's Day and take time to check in.
Too often, mothers unnecessarily deplete themselves by ignoring what their bodies are telling them, not sitting when their feet are sore and not slowing down when they have been running around all day.
"As mothers, we often feel that there are not enough hours in the day to take care of our own needs and take care of everyone else's," said Rachel Bernstein, LMFT based in Los Angeles. "Consequently, moms often times forfeit their needs and begin to lose themselves in their role as a parent."
Whether you are a new mom or an "empty-nester," mental wellness is crucial during all stages of motherhood. Bernstein offers three simple tips for moms to take care of their mental health throughout the life of their child:
- Make a point to do one thing that makes you feel happy each day. Make a list of things you know you enjoy. If you have trouble giving it enough importance, put it on your daily calendar as an appointment.
- Enjoy the fun moments. During spontaneous and unscripted moments, don't find yourself doing dishes, returning emails, or emptying out the clothes hampers while others are enjoying themselves. Put everything down and join in on the water fight instead of being the one to get the towels afterwards.
- Delegate! Giving some tasks to others is not only a good idea, but it also teaches others some responsibility, and helps them have some idea of the amount of tasks you are usually expected to complete.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV