Orion Marine Group Inc. Stock Downgraded (ORN)
- ORION MARINE GROUP INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ORION MARINE GROUP INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.48 versus $0.81 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 31.3% in earnings (-$0.63 versus -$0.48).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Construction & Engineering industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 511.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1.54 million to -$6.34 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Construction & Engineering industry and the overall market, ORION MARINE GROUP INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ORION MARINE GROUP INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 5.00%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -12.50% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$20.03 million or 461.33% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.