Standard Microsystems Corporation Stock Upgraded (SMSC)
- SMSC's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.02 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SMSC has a quick ratio of 2.01, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $16.50 million or 47.10% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, STANDARD MICROSYSTEMS CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -8.70%.
- The gross profit margin for STANDARD MICROSYSTEMS CORP is rather high; currently it is at 59.60%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -4.60% is in-line with the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SMSC's share price has jumped by 36.93%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- STANDARD MICROSYSTEMS CORP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, STANDARD MICROSYSTEMS CORP reported lower earnings of $0.43 versus $0.47 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.73 versus $0.43).
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.