- Average monthly crawler crane rental rates increased by $717 to $16,233 for the three month period ended March 31, 2012 from $15,516 for the quarter ended March 31, 2011. Excluding the impact of the levee project that was active in 2011, utilization of crawler cranes increased to 37.0% in the first quarter of 2012, compared to 33.9% in the first quarter of 2011;
- Utilization of our rough terrain fleet was 54.8%, which represented a sequential quarterly increase in utilization of 3.0%;
- Utilization of larger tower cranes and elevator lifts improved by 10.6% on a sequential quarterly basis and on certain tower crane sub-classes utilization is above 60.0%;
- New, used and rental equipment sales totaled $6.2 million for the three month period ended March 31, 2012, a 50.8% increase from $4.1 million for the three month period ended March 31, 2011; and
- Revolving debt balances have decreased by $4.0 million over the three months ended March 31, 2012, in part, due to $5.3 million of rental equipment sales at an average of 110.3% of Orderly Liquidation Value (“OLV”).
Essex Rental Corp. Reports 2012 First Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.