NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Bank of America (BAC) CEO Brian Moynihan is facing a May 18 deadline to give testimony in a lawsuit brought by MBIA (MBI), an event that will put increasing pressure on the bank to reach a settlement expected to cost some $2 billion, according to an analyst following the legal battle.
MBIA has sued Countrywide Financial, accusing the lender of fraudulently inducing MBIA to insure 15 separate securitizations of residential mortgages sold between 2004-2007. Bank of America acquired Countrywide in 2008.
|Bank of America CEO Moynihan must testify about the bank's integration of Countrywide Financial by May 18|
New York State Supreme Court Judge Eileen Bransten ruled last month that Moynihan's testimony is necessary because he oversaw the integration of Countrywide into Bank of America, and MBIA argues Bank of America is liable for Countrywide's alleged fraud.
The judge's ruling states that "the knowledge Moynihan gained as part of the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV