Tidewater Inc. (TDW): Today's Featured Transportation Loser
Tidewater (TDW) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Tidewater fell 62 cents (-1.2%) to $50.41 on average volume. Throughout the day, 509,046 shares of Tidewater exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 615,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $49.98-$50.93 after having opened the day at $50.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.03. Other company's within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Euroseas (ESEA), down 13.6%, Newlead Holdings (NEWL), down 9.2%, Eagle Bulk Shipping (EGLE), down 7.8%, and Teekay Tankers (TNK), down 6.8%. Tidewater Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides offshore service vessels and marine support services to the offshore energy industry through the operation of a fleet of marine service vessels. Tidewater has a market cap of $2.73 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 41.9, above the average transportation industry P/E ratio of 41.3 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Tidewater a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Tidewater as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Tidewater Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV