Allegheny Technologies (ATI) pushed the Industrial Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Industrial Goods loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Allegheny Technologies fell 24 cents (-0.6%) to $41.10 on light volume. Throughout the day, 669,043 shares of Allegheny Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $40.58-$41.60 after having opened the day at $41.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.34. Other company's within the Industrial Goods sector that declined today were: Tutor Perini (TPC), down 14.5%, Wuhan General Group (WUHN), down 9.9%, NF Energy Saving (NFEC), down 9.8%, and Wowjoint Holdings (BWOW), down 6.7%. Allegheny Technologies Incorporated engages in the production of specialty metals worldwide. It operates in three segments: High Performance Metals, Flat-Rolled Products, and Engineered Products. Allegheny Technologies has a market cap of $4.53 billion and is part of the industrial industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.3, above the average industrial industry P/E ratio of 21.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 13.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Allegheny Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Allegheny Technologies as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Allegheny Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ATI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV