Mednax Inc. (MD): Today's Featured Health Care Loser
Mednax (MD) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Mednax fell 42 cents (-0.6%) to $65.38 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 538,940 shares of Mednax exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 338,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $64.64-$65.76 after having opened the day at $65.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $65.80. Other company's within the Health Care sector that declined today were: PetMed Express (PETS), down 19.6%, NeurogesX (NGSX), down 13.3%, Prima Biomed Ltd. ADR (PBMD), down 11.5%, and Amyris (AMRS), down 9.5%. MEDNAX, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides neonatal, maternal-fetal, other pediatric subspecialties, and anesthesia physician services in the United States and Puerto Rico. Mednax has a market cap of $3.3 billion and is part of the health services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.6, below the average health services industry P/E ratio of 15 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 8.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Mednax a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Mednax as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Mednax Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV