Franklin Resources Inc. (BEN): Today's Featured Financial Loser
Franklin Resources (BEN) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Franklin Resources fell $1.41 (-1.2%) to $116.16 on average volume. Throughout the day, 962,603 shares of Franklin Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 785,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $115.79-$117.69 after having opened the day at $117.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $117.57. Other company's within the Financial sector that declined today were: WSB Holdings (WSB), down 14.3%, American Realty Investors (ARL), down 11.4%, Royal Bancshares of Pennsylvania (RBPAA), down 10.9%, and Gleacher (GLCH), down 10%. Franklin Resources Inc. is a publicly owned asset management holding company. The firm provides its services to individuals, institutions, pension plans, trusts, and partnerships. It manages, through its subsidiary, separate client-focused equity, fixed income, and balanced portfolios. Franklin Resources has a market cap of $25.7 billion and is part of the financial services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.8, equal to the average financial services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 24.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Franklin Resources a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Franklin Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Franklin Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV