Weight Watchers International Inc. (WTW): Today's Featured Diversified Services Loser
Weight Watchers International (WTW) pushed the Diversified Services industry lower today making it today's featured Diversified Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Weight Watchers International fell $2.72 (-4.4%) to $59.46 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.5 million shares of Weight Watchers International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $59.26-$61 after having opened the day at $60.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $62.18. Other company's within the Diversified Services industry that declined today were: American Learning (ALRN), down 8.2%, General Employment (JOB), down 7%, SoundBite Communications (SDBT), down 6.7%, and Edgar Online (EDGR), down 6.5%. Weight Watchers International, Inc. engages in the provision of weight management services primarily in North America, the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. Weight Watchers International has a market cap of $4.05 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.2, equal to the average diversified services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Weight Watchers International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Weight Watchers International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Weight Watchers International Ratings Report.
- Use our diversified services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV