International Paper (IP) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Non-Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, International Paper fell 18 cents (-0.6%) to $31.95 on average volume. Throughout the day, four million shares of International Paper exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of five million shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.93-$32.34 after having opened the day at $32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.13. Other company's within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that declined today were: Mannatech (MTEX), down 8.9%, American Apparel (APP), down 6.5%, Cereplast (CERP), down 5.8%, and Ocean Bio-Chem (OBCI), down 5.7%. International Paper Company operates as a paper and packaging company in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia, and north Africa. International Paper has a market cap of $14.31 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.7, above the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio of 12 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 8.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate International Paper a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates International Paper as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full International Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about IP
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV