Stanley Black & Decker Inc (SWK): Today's Featured Industrial Goods Winner
Stanley Black & Decker (SWK) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Stanley Black & Decker rose 36 cents (0.5%) to $72.58 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of Stanley Black & Decker exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $71.60-$72.79 after having opened the day at $71.77 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $72.22. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: NN (NNBR), up 25.5%, Astrotech Corporation (ASTC), up 20.1%, TRC Companies (TRR), up 12.8%, and UQM Technologies (UQM), up 8.3%. Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. provides power and hand tools, mechanical access solutions, and electronic security and monitoring systems primarily in the United States, Europe, Latin America, and Canada. Stanley Black & Decker has a market cap of $12.52 billion and is part of the industrial industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 19, below the average industrial industry P/E ratio of 19.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Stanley Black & Decker a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Stanley Black & Decker as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Stanley Black & Decker Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV