Sysco Corporation (SYY): Today's Featured Wholesale Winner
Sysco Corporation (SYY) pushed the Wholesale industry higher today making it today's featured wholesale winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Sysco Corporation rose 39 cents (1.4%) to $28.29 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 13.9 million shares of Sysco Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $27.38-$28.65 after having opened the day at $28.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.90. Other companies within the Wholesale industry that increased today were: GTSI Corporation (GTSI), up 47.3%, Hudson Technology (HDSN), up 5%, InfoSonics Corporation (IFON), up 4.9%, and Crystal Rock Holdings (CRVP), up 3.9%. Sysco Corporation, through its subsidiaries, engages in the marketing and distribution of a range of food and related products primarily to the foodservice or food-away-from-home industry. Sysco Corporation has a market cap of $16.57 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.5, equal to the average wholesale industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 4.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Sysco Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Sysco Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Sysco Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV