Bahrain Embassy In The United States Holds Session To Detail Reform Process
MANAMA, Bahrain, May 7, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Last week, Bahrain's Embassy in Washington, D.C. held a workshop in conjunction with the Association of International Educators' Embassy Dialogue Committee to report on the country's progress with reform.
Held at the embassy, more than 100 people attended the workshop, including U.S. Department of State officials, embassy officials in Washington and university faculty.
In a speech to participants, Bahraini Ambassador to the U.S. Houda Nonoo said she understands that "outside perspectives and measured disagreement are important for an emerging democracy."
" Bahrain values this transition and understands our path to democracy will take time. Meaningful democratic change cannot happen overnight," she said.Since last March, the country has taken "many steps to heal the wounds" through efforts like the National Dialogue, the Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry and ongoing reform in security services, Ambassador Nonoo said. "Through confronting a very difficult situation, Bahrain has become a better and more democratic nation," she said. In 2001, Bahrain began its reform process with a National Charter that made the country's political system more representative. SOURCE Embassy of the Kingdom of Bahrain
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV