Atlas Energy, L.P. (NYSE: ATLS) (“Atlas Energy” or “ATLS”) today reported operating and financial results for the first quarter 2012.
First Quarter 2012 Highlights & Results
- In March 2012, Atlas Resource Partners, L.P. (NYSE: ARP) acquired the exploration and production business from ATLS. ATLS owns 100% of the general partner Class A units and incentive distribution rights, and an approximate 64% limited partner interest in ARP.
- Distributable cash flow, a non-GAAP measure, of $13.6 million, or $0.26 per common unit (1) for the first quarter 2012;
- ATLS declared a cash distribution of $0.25 per limited partner unit for the first quarter 2012 at a distribution coverage ratio of approximately 1.1x. The first quarter 2012 distribution represents a $0.14 per unit increase over the prior year comparable quarter and a $0.01 increase from fourth quarter 2011; and,
- On a GAAP basis, net loss was $15.1 million for the first quarter 2012 compared to net income of $241.6 million for the prior year comparable period. The loss for the first quarter 2012 was caused primarily by an ARP non-cash asset impairment of approximately $7 million related to a legacy contract initiated prior to the acquisition from Chevron Corp. in February 2011 and expenses related to the ARP spinoff. The net income in the prior year was primarily attributable to Atlas Pipeline Partner, L.P.’s (NYSE: APL; “APL”) gain on sale of its ownership interest in the Laurel Mountain gathering system. Please see the reconciliation of GAAP net income (loss) to Adjusted EBITDA and distributable cash flow in the financial tables of this release for further information.
(1) A reconciliation of GAAP net loss to adjusted EBITDA and distributable cash flow is provided in the financial tables of this release.
Recent EventsAtlas Resource’s Barnett Shale Acquisition On April 30, 2012, ARP acquired approximately 277 Bcfe of proved reserves, including undeveloped drilling locations, in the Barnett Shale in Texas from Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc. (NASD: CRZO) for approximately $190 million, or $0.69 per mcfe. The acquisition of the Barnett Shale position increased ARP’s net proved reserves by over 160% to approximately 450 billion cubic feet equivalents (“Bcfe”). This transaction is expected to be immediately accretive to ARP’s adjusted EBITDA and distributable cash flow. The transaction was funded by a private placement of equity of approximately $120 million and approximately $70 million borrowed against ARP’s revolving credit facility.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV