HJ Heinz Company (HNZ): Today's Featured Consumer Goods Winner
HJ Heinz Company (HNZ) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, HJ Heinz Company rose 45 cents (0.8%) to $53.76 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.2 million shares of HJ Heinz Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $53.26-$54 after having opened the day at $53.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.31. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: SGOCO Group (SGOC), up 15.4%, Frederick's of Hollywood Group (FOH), up 12%, Chicago Rivet & Machine (CVR), up 9.8%, and Ever-Glory International Group (EVK), up 8.7%. H. J. Heinz Company manufactures and markets food products for consumers, and foodservice and institutional customers in North America, Europe, the Asia Pacific, and internationally. HJ Heinz Company has a market cap of $17.07 billion and is part of the food & beverage industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.8, equal to the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio and equal to the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 1.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate HJ Heinz Company a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates HJ Heinz Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, growth in earnings per share, increase in stock price during the past year and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full HJ Heinz Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV