Gentex Corporation (GNTX) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Gentex Corporation rose 47 cents (2.1%) to $23.19 on average volume. Throughout the day, two million shares of Gentex Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $22.42-$23.30 after having opened the day at $22.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.72. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Chicago Rivet & Machine (CVR), up 9.8%, Federal Signal (FSS), up 4.8%, Commercial Vehicle Group (CVGI), up 4%, and Shiloh Industries (SHLO), up 3.7%. Gentex Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and markets electro-optical products for the automotive, commercial building, and aircraft industries primarily in the United States, Germany, and Japan. Gentex Corporation has a market cap of $3.28 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.4, equal to the average automotive industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 23.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Gentex Corporation a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Gentex Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Gentex Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about GNTX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV