Lightning RoundNext came the "Lightning Round." Here's what Cramer had to say about some of the stocks that callers offered up during this fast-paced segment:
Time Warner (TWX): "I want you to own it. They continue to deliver."
Scholastic (SCHL): "The earnings have been too inconsistent there. I'm going to have to say don't buy."
Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF): "I like the yield. Buy, buy, buy."ARM Holdings (ARMH): "I'm worried about them. I think that Intel (INTC) will challenge them and they've become overvalued." LSI Logic (LSI): "This one's getting better and better. I think this one should be bought."
No Huddle OffenseIn his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer compared Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRKB) to the upcoming Facebook IPO. Cramer said that while Berkshire has made investors a lot of money in the past, the stock has underperformed the markets over the past decade, largely due to the fact that Buffett doesn't like the prospect of dividends or breaking up the company. Berkshire has no growth, said Cramer, and the markets have noticed. Facebook, on the other hand, has a ton of growth and the markets will be rewarding it with an overvalued IPO, said Cramer. Berkshire, however, will remain undervalued as it struggles with growth. Cramer called Buffett's hands-off approach out of step with what the market wants, while Facebook's hands-on approach is exactly what the market is looking for. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To contact the writer of this article, click here: Scott Rutt. Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. Click here to sign up for Jim's Daily Booyah to get the Mad Money recap delivered to your inbox.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV