Clean Energy Fuels Corp. (NASDAQ: CLNE) (the “Company”) today announced operating results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012.
Gallons Delivered (defined below) for the first quarter of 2012 totaled 43.7 million gallons, up 23% from 35.5 million gallons delivered in the same period a year ago.
Revenue for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012 rose to $73.6 million, up from $65.3 million for the first quarter of 2011.
Andrew J. Littlefair, Clean Energy's President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “Significant fuel cost savings and environmental benefits are driving the transition to natural gas fueling for transportation in America. To support this transition, we are diligently working on building out America’s Natural Gas Highway. We also continue to monitor the development of new natural gas engines for the heavy-duty trucking market. We believe we are approaching an inflection point when these elements all come together, so we are working hard to maximize our lead in the industry and preparing ourselves for anticipated increased volume expansion in 2013 and beyond.”Adjusted EBITDA for the first quarter of 2012 was $(2.0) million. This compares with adjusted EBITDA of $3.9 million in the first quarter of 2011. For comparison purposes, the volumetric excise tax credit (VETC) revenue for the first quarter of 2012 was $0 (as the VETC expired on December 31, 2011), and was $4.2 million in the first quarter of 2011. Adjusted EBITDA is described below and reconciled to the generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”) measure net income (loss) attributable to Clean Energy. Non-GAAP loss per share for the first quarter of 2012 was $0.16, compared with a non-GAAP loss per share for the first quarter of 2011 of $0.05. Non-GAAP earnings (loss) per share is described below and reconciled to the GAAP measure net income (loss) attributable to Clean Energy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV