ORLANDO, Fla., May 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Darden Restaurants, Inc. (NYSE: DRI) today announced that Jim Lawrence will succeed Barry Moullet as Senior Vice President and Chief Supply Chain Officer effective May 28 as the Company begins its new fiscal year.
In his new role, Lawrence will assume responsibility for sourcing, distribution and quality assurance across the Darden enterprise. As a member of Darden's Operating Team, he will report to Drew Madsen, Darden's President and Chief Operating Officer.
Darden's supply chain team manages more than $3 billion in capital and food product expenditures on an annual basis. To meet the needs of its guests, the company sources more than 35 million cases of product from 1,500 vendors in 35 countries around the world.Lawrence began his career at Darden in 1995, holding progressively responsible positions in Transportation, Seafood Inventory Management and Distribution and Restaurant Distribution Services. He was promoted to Vice President of Supply Management in 2000. Lawrence was named a Senior Vice President in 2005 when he was appointed to lead Darden's supply management and food purchasing teams. While in this role, he was responsible for overseeing the design and development of Darden's $150 million state of the art Restaurant Support Center that opened in Orlando in September 2009. Before joining Darden, Lawrence held sales and distribution positions with Mobil Corporation and RJR Nabisco, Inc. "Jim has played a vital role in our supply chain's evolution and he is the perfect person to lead our efforts moving forward. With his leadership and knowledge of the business, Jim will ensure the team is continually enhancing our supply chain capabilities so that it remains a competitive advantage for Darden," said Madsen.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV