ATLANTA, May 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Agilysys, Inc. (Nasdaq: AGYS), a leading provider of innovative information technology and hospitality software solutions, today announced the appointment of Larry Steinberg to the position of senior vice president of technology.
Steinberg was most recently a development manager for Microsoft, where he focused on automation, interoperability, cross-platform initiatives, and cloud and datacenter management solutions. Steinberg joined Microsoft in 2007 as a result of the company's acquisition of Engyro, where he had served as chief technology officer responsible for strategic technology initiatives, product development and solution services delivery.
"This is an exciting time for Agilysys, as we expand and enhance our product line, and Larry's expertise will be instrumental in guiding our development team as we embark on the development of new solutions with a market-leading technology architecture," said Jim Dennedy, president and chief executive officer for Agilysys. "He brings a wealth of experience in technology start-ups, software development, enterprise management and heterogeneous systems. Larry is an enormous asset to the company, and his knowledge and expertise will support our mission to provide the most comprehensive and innovative product suite to our customers."
Steinberg holds a Bachelor of Science degree from
Kent State University. He was a founder and director of Dirigo, Inc., an enterprise systems management company that delivered commercial products and services to the management industry. He also founded and managed eSpecto Inc., which specialized in the development of e-business monitoring and management software applications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV