Wiley X® Inc. Supports Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month
LIVERMORE, Calif., May 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Throughout the month of May 2012, the National Safety Council (NSC) is promoting Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month, a nationwide effort to educate the public and help both riders and motorists decrease roadway injuries and fatalities as we head into the busy summer season. As a leading provider of performance protective eyewear systems for military, law enforcement and the general public, Wiley X,® Inc. is using this occasion to focus attention on the hazards riders face on the road and the need to protect their precious gift of sight.
"For a variety of reasons, motorcycle riders are at much higher injury risk than passenger car occupants," said Wiley X Co-Owner Myles Freeman, Jr. "And getting riders educated to wear only 'safety rated' protective gear every time they go out is an important part of the Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month campaign. Many people understand the need for a protective helmet and leathers to help prevent serious injury in an accident. Fewer know that taking to the streets or highways on a motorcycle can also be dangerous to the eyes, even during normal, everyday riding," added Freeman.
Wiley X offers a full line of sunglasses that aid rider safety in several ways. First, they protect riders against harmful UVA/UVB rays while providing the sharp vision and reducing glare to help motorcyclists read the contour of the road. Second, they reduce eyestrain and the effects of Dry Eye Syndrome that can cause eye damage and compromise the rider's vision during long hours on the road. Third and most importantly, Wiley X's battlefield-proven High Velocity Protection keeps riders eyes safe from a variety of dangers found on the open road — from airborne debris and flying insects to low-hanging branches and rocks kicked up by passing cars.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV