This is just a graphic of the competitive environment here in the United States. There is five other companies that market FDA approved rapid test and what we try to highlight here is the primary reasons why our product has been chosen as the preferred product in those markets in which we currently participate. I mentioned our [testing] has the ability to identify both HIV-1 and HIV-2 the product is clear waved, which is very important and that it enables the product to be used in a physicians office or in a distributed environment like so many public health jurisdictions use the product and as I mentioned it’s the only product that’s approved for use with both on blood specimen and in oral specimen and if that oral application that we’ve conducted our clinical studies on and that we intend to make available OTC assuming FDA approval.
Let me talk a little bit about this because this is an effort that we began back in 2005, when we initially approach the FDA with our thought of taking our professional product and making the very same product available for sale to consumers. We went to an Advisory Committee meeting in November of 2005 and again in March of 2006 and through those meetings there was a decision that indeed the FDA should work with sponsor companies to bring a product like this to market and in the March meeting we agreed with the FDA on the clinical studies protocols that would be executed that would ultimately lead to approval.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV