ATLANTA, May 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Back by popular demand, IHG ( InterContinental Hotels Group) is offering guests cash rewards through their "Vacation Pay" promotion, arming travelers with extra spending money to use following their vacation and beyond. U.S. residents planning their fun in the sun between May 14, 2012 and Sept. 3, 2012, will receive a $75 prepaid card when they stay two consecutive weekend (Friday, Saturday or Sunday) nights at any of IHG's 4,400 hotels worldwide, including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn® Resort, Holiday Inn® Club Vacations, Holiday Inn® Express, Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites®.
According to a recent survey from the U.S. Travel Association, the rising cost associated with vacations is directly affecting leisure travel for consumers this upcoming summer. Consumers planning to fly to their summer destinations are feeling the heat with 43 percent claiming that an increase in the price of airfare due to higher oil prices will directly affect their summer travels. Vacationers also stated that the rising gas and oil prices will cause them to take fewer trips and spend less money on food and entertainment, making "Vacation Pay" a sunny solution to a budgeting burden.
"For most travelers, budgets are top of mind when booking summer vacations, and the rising cost associated with travel can add extra stress as they begin the planning process," said Karyn Sarago, Marketing Manager, Leisure Travel, IHG. "We're bringing back 'Vacation Pay' to take some of the financial pressure off our customers, by putting some extra cash back in their pockets in hopes of providing them with a carefree and relaxing vacation."
Consumers can use their "Vacation Pay" pre-paid cards for additional family fun throughout the summer months. Seventy five dollars back can go a long way when planning trips to a local amusement park, beach boardwalk or family dinner.Helping Travelers Save IHG's cash back rewards from "Vacation Pay" can be spent however the traveler chooses, such as:
- Future hotel stays
- A tank of gas for the trip down the shore
- Summer concert tickets
- Admission to an amusement park
- Summer fun gear such as bathing suits and sandals
- Groceries for a family BBQ
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV