Both companies report earnings this week.
The base and precious metals company is scheduled to report first-quarter earnings on Tuesday. Analysts, on average, anticipate earnings of 5 cents a share on revenue of $85.13 million."Although our $5.50/share target implies ~22% capital upside coupled with 1.5% dividend yield, the Hold rating is attributable to the operational risk at Lucky Friday mine, which has been temporarily closed post Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) order," Deutsche Bank analysts wrote in a March 29 report. Shares of Hecla hit a 52-week low on Monday of $3.87. The stock's 52-week high of $8.82 was set on May 10. Hecla trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 6.57 times; the average for platinum and precious metals companies is 9.79. For comparison, Stillwater Mining (SWC) has a higher forward P/E of 8.85. Seven of the 10 analysts who cover Hecla rated it hold. Two analysts gave the stock a buy rating and one rated it sell. The stock has fallen 24.28% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV