BlackBerry World Is One of Worry for Retailers
ORLANDO, Fla. (TheStreet) -- When Sanjay Karwa arrived at BlackBerry World 2012 here, he had fond hopes. But these days, BlackBerrys have a way of breaking hearts.
Karwa owns and operates Planet M, a network of more than 140 retail stores across India. Life is good for mobile phone stores there. Nearly 1 billion cellphone users crowd India. And Karwa does more $40 million in annual sales peddling mobile devices from most makers, including Research In Motion (RIMM).
|Many get the feeling Research In Motion, maker of the BlackBerry, is no longer moving forward.|
After the 18-some-odd hour flight from Mumbai to Florida, he was hopeful RIM's annual confab would deliver the mobile goods his business needs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV